My girlfriends are the best, they love to shop and eat as I do and we did much of that during my weekend trip to L.A. Two of the girls live in the L.A. area and the other in San Francisco. It was my west coast weekend of fun in the sun! What did we do and what would I recommend doing?
- Bliss spa in the W at Westwood - we each got a triple oxygen facial and it was so delightful. I haven't gotten a facial in over 2 years and it reminded me I should do this more often!!
- Joan's on Third - we went there for lunch and the first pictures of the cookies, pastries, and salads do not show how delicious this place was. This is a definite go to for lunch, super cute inside, lovely to sit outside and the food was delish.
- Robertson - we went shopping on Robertson after Joan's. The street has changed a lot from a couple of stores and the infamous Ivy restaurant to more big box brands and less boutiques. I missed Madison and Lisa Kline's on this street, they have since moved to other locations.
- Church & State Bistro - I wish I had pictures, my photos didn't come out well in the dark. I loved this restaurant, the ambience was lovely and food was great for groups and sharing. The only downfall was the service, but my experience with L.A. servers is similar every time. A definite recommendation if you haven't been here yet. If you love bistro food, you'll love this place.
- The photos above with us in our animal print outfits (not on purpose, all three of us ended up in them) was at the Malibu Shipyards/Country Mart shopping area. I love the relaxed setting of the area and of course shopping at Kitson, Madison, and Alice+Olivia.
- We ate lunch that day at Cafe Habana Malibu. Cafe Habana was a must eat in the Soho area of New York, so I got to eat at my favorite Cuban place in Malibu. The delicious grilled corn is a must have. While we were there, David Spade sat behind us :)
- Public Kitchen and Bar Restaurant - we went Saturday night and the restaurant is located in the Roosevelt Hotel. It was ok and although food was good and not too expensive, the scene was not my style. Although I love going to L.A., sometimes the over the top fake, plastic, and I'm more important than you attitude can be a bit too much. It is what makes Hollywood, Hollywood right?
Beautiful trip with beautiful people! My friends and I plan an annual girls trip and we typically go to Mexico, but since one of my girlfriends is 4 months pregnant we decided upon L.A. Finding time to be with my girlfriends has always been a priority for me, I don't know what I would do without them!
Labor Day weekend is coming up and what better way to celebrate than shopping for yourself! t+j Designs is offering 25% off all earrings until Monday! Shop with the promo code "LABORDAY".