What to Wear to the Kentucky Derby? Pink Derby Style
Tuesday, May 3, 2016 Chicago Blogger, Christian Louboutin, Derby Style, Girl Squad, Kentucky Derby, Rent the Runway, t+j designs
I was contacted to throw a fabulous Kentucky Derby bash and boy was I excited. This will be a two part post, the first being this one; what to wear to the Kentucky Derby? Which for me, means a bold pink dress and the best hat EVER! And the second blog post will come this Thursday with my Kentucky Derby party. There's a preview of my lovely friends who were a part of it at the end of this post. (I love this photo!)
So what are my tips on what to wear?
My top 5 tips:
1) Look for bold color dresses that fit and flare. Go printed, or go bold in color. It's the time to be bright.
2) Go big or go home! Big hats are in or fascinators!! If you have dreamed of owning that perfect hat this it the time to get it and wear it. The hat is just as much as a statement as anything. This hat I own has been selling extremely well and you can use it for a beach vacation too!
3) Fabric - look for something springy like silk, linen, that looks like you are ready to breeze through to the races. For hats think straw with florals, tulles, and ribbons as extras.
4) Accent with the cutest pumps and jewelry. Go glam derby with a necklace like mine or wear fun pumps as you can see from my photos with my friends.
5) Find inspiration for your outfit, than search for it. I do this when I get stuck with what I should wear. I look for an outfit inspiration and go from there! The best things is you don't have to spend an arm and leg, I rented my dress here and this hat here is less than $70!
Now a days you can find deals for any inspirational outfit. And even if you aren't heading to the Derby like me, have a party, get dressed up and head out with the gals/boys to watch it at a bar.
Look out for my post Thursday with where I had my party and more up close photos of what the girls wore.
If you don't follow me on instagram, my sister and I are currently in Mountain View doing big things for t+j Designs. I've shared great clips on snapchat (jenworman) and I hope to blog about it starting next week. Stay tuned!