My girlfriends are the best, they love to shop and eat as I do and we did much of that during my weekend trip to L.A. Two of the girls live in the L.A. area and the other in San Francisco. It was my west coast weekend of fun in the sun! What did we do and what would I recommend doing?
- Bliss spa in the W at Westwood – we each got a triple oxygen facial and it was so delightful. I haven’t gotten a facial in over 2 years and it reminded me I should do this more often!!
- Joan’s on Third – we went there for lunch and the first pictures of the cookies, pastries, and salads do not show how delicious this place was. This is a definite go to for lunch, super cute inside, lovely to sit outside and the food was delish.
- Robertson – we went shopping on Robertson after Joan’s. The street has changed a lot from a couple of stores and the infamous Ivy restaurant to more big box brands and less boutiques. I missed Madison and Lisa Kline’s on this street, they have since moved to other locations.
- Church & State Bistro – I wish I had pictures, my photos didn’t come out well in the dark. I loved this restaurant, the ambience was lovely and food was great for groups and sharing. The only downfall was the service, but my experience with L.A. servers is similar every time. A definite recommendation if you haven’t been here yet. If you love bistro food, you’ll love this place.
- The photos above with us in our animal print outfits (not on purpose, all three of us ended up in them) was at the Malibu Shipyards/Country Mart shopping area. I love the relaxed setting of the area and of course shopping at Kitson, Madison, and Alice+Olivia.
- We ate lunch that day at Cafe Habana Malibu. Cafe Habana was a must eat in the Soho area of New York, so I got to eat at my favorite Cuban place in Malibu. The delicious grilled corn is a must have. While we were there, David Spade sat behind us 🙂
- Public Kitchen and Bar Restaurant – we went Saturday night and the restaurant is located in the Roosevelt Hotel. It was ok and although food was good and not too expensive, the scene was not my style. Although I love going to L.A., sometimes the over the top fake, plastic, and I’m more important than you attitude can be a bit too much. It is what makes Hollywood, Hollywood right?
Beautiful trip with beautiful people! My friends and I plan an annual girls trip and we typically go to Mexico, but since one of my girlfriends is 4 months pregnant we decided upon L.A. Finding time to be with my girlfriends has always been a priority for me, I don’t know what I would do without them!
Labor Day weekend is coming up and what better way to celebrate than shopping for yourself! t+j Designs is offering 25% off all earrings until Monday! Shop with the promo code “LABORDAY“.
Oh those 'birkin' canvas bags are so cool, I see them everywhere and I'm slightly tempted by the novelty. Love the cute minnie mouse dress.
Your polka dots dress reminds me of Minnie Mouse! Don't be mistaken, I meant it as a compliment. It's cool to go on trips with gal frenz. I would love to do that soon. Those designer bags canvas totes are so quirky! I love them.
Great outfit! I love polka dots and red and cream is a beautiful combination!XoXoPlamihttp://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/
Oh LA. Look at that gorgeous sky. I love it there! Looks like you guys had fun and you all looked great. Love your pendant of the first pic.Patiencewww.justpatience.com
Looks like a fun time with your girlfriends! And I love your first outfit :)xo http://www.lipglossflipflops.blogspot.com/
You all looking great! I adore your dots dress!Fashion Catwww.firstlookbook.blogspot.com
loving tthat polkadot dress !www.glistersandblisters.com
Love your polka dot dress and leopard maxi dress!! One is cute and the other is so sexy.
aww so cute!! you and your gf's look so fabulous! i love your polka dot dress so adorable!
Thank you for visiting my blog!beautiful look and nice to read about your friends! It's so cool to have a great company -always. Oh and all those sweets looks like heaven:) xoxowww.polkalike.blogspot.com
love your style a lot:)it looks so fresh, girly and glamorous!love,rosecandle11.blogspot.com
I love your polka dot dress! What a cute blog you have 🙂 Looks like a fun weekend and that food looks delish.
I really like your blog, follow you nowmaybe you could follow me back ;)xx
Just beautiful Jen, you and all your friends are so stylish!!!
I am SO GLAD you posted a comment on my blog – because it led me to check out yours and I am LOVING IT!!!!!!!! 🙂 you look fabulous in this outfit – LOVE the polka dots and these shoes are perfect!-Sarahhttp://www.pencilskirtsandlattes.com
Lovely photos, I love the outfits! The polka dot dress is very cute:)-Adriana http://thelittlepetite.blogspot.com
That spotted dress is so amazing! It suits you so well, gorgeous. xoxoI recently wrote a blog post about some vintage pieces I plan on wearing to London Fashion Week. I'd be so grateful if you could check out the post and leave a comment and let me know which outfit is your favourite!ashleighduncan.blogspot.com
Wow,you look so beautiful and that food looks so delicious!
looks amazing and so much fun, love the polka dots!♥Krystlehttp://dearwinsome.blogspot.com/
I love every post. i´d like you ckeck out mine.http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com
always love trips to L.A.what a fun filled weekend!!♡Amandafeast.fashion.faves
Just wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog the other day… decided to make a visit to your and I ABSOLUTELY love it! you have a stunning figure girl and great sense of style. I'm following you now and look forward to many posts more. Please follow me if you enjoyed reading as well! Best wishes to you!
Love that Birking bags!!!!! So cool!!!!Great pictures! Love your red dotted dress!http://somestylestories.blogspot.com
Nice post, and oh, the lay-out & name of your blog are perfect !
awww looks like fun!- teeneyhttp://christeeney.blogspot.com/