I’ve received comments and questions about my hair and also recently received the best hair dryer, so I thought I would share what tools I use daily/weekly.
I splurged on a nice hair dryer probably a year ago and it made a huge difference in drying time, hair texture, and the health of my hair. Recently, the folks at Misikko sent me the HANAair Professional Hair Dryer to review and test out. It was packaged beautifully as seen in the photos.
To be honest, I didn’t think it would be any different from my Elchim Hair Dryer I bought, but I’ve since retired the Elchim and love my HANAair. It dries my hair faster, at a higher speed, and my hair is super soft and shiny. It’s been two weeks since I’ve received it and my hair does feel healthier; my overall favorite part is how fast my hair dries since I have long and thick asian hair.
It is a bit pricy, but after making an investment in a quality hair dryer I do see the difference. I don’t use fancy shampoos or conditioners (mostly purchased from Target or Walgreens), but I think hair tools are investments you will use for years. The folks at Misikko are offering 10% off any HANA product with code HANA10.
My hair right after I used the HANAair:
I also frequently curl my hair and my absolute favorite curling iron is my Hot Tools Curling Iron which is 1.5″. It is the only curling iron I’ve had for years and gets super, super hot and my curls last until I wash my hair.
The best tips:
- Curl your hair the day after you wash your hair or even two days. Dirty hair gives the hair more texture and your curls hold longer.
- Curl your hair in sections as seen in my pictures
- After your finished, take half your hair and clip it in the back; I typically proceed then to doing my makeup
- I release the clip after I’m done with my makeup and the curls have released a bit and your can fluff or style easily
- Hair spray: the ultimate hold hairspray I have found is the Tresemme Aero Hair Spray – Extra Hold. It holds my curls in the wind, rain, and cold, the only minor thing is that it does have quite a strong scent of hairspray, but I don’t mind it.
Are you guys interested in how I do my bun? I can try to do a bun post soon :). Have you invested in quality hair tools? Which are your favorites?
*Please note the hair dryer was gifted to me but all reviews and opinions are my own and I would not post anything that I do not believe is true.