While in San Francisco, we stopped by the Ferry Building and ate at Slanted Door. Talk about yummy! If you can’t get to the restaurant, try their faster version “Out the Door” which is just as tasty.
I do have to say I love my new ankle wrap pumps but they are not “walkable” San Francisco heels :). After walking around the Ferry Building, I did go back to the hotel to change into flats in order to maneuver the San Francisco streets.
Since I have been traveling a bunch I thought I would share my top five essential things to pack (click through below to see more pics and my list). . .
Zara top (similar here and here, sleeveless)
Schutz Pumps (similar 1, 2 on sale, want these on sale)
Chanel Bag (the website where I purchased mine)
t+j Designs Luxe Pearl Cluster Necklace
1) Stretchy Denim – you can dress them up or down with flats or heels. My favorite two brands of denim, Rag & Bone for luxe and American Eagle for budget. If you have the money and want one pair of fantastic denim that tuck you in and make you look and feel skinny, try the Skinny Rag and Bone Denim. I have them in black too. Whenever I see Rag & Bone denim on sale, I pretty much get them. Just got these on sale for an additional 40% off!
2) Black Pumps – either a sandal or pump will do but a black pair of shoes can make any pair of denim or a simple dress look sexy. My go to are typically my Louboutin pumps and I bring them on almost every trip but these budget pair are affordable and on trend with the ankle wrap and pointy toe.
3) Black Blazer or Leather Jacket – either one goes with everything. A simple tank top underneath either layering piece with a knockout necklace and your denim and heels makes a night out stylish and comfortable. Black blazer – get a simple silhouette that fits well, this one has great reviews and I think I may get it soon as I’m looking for a new one. I love leather jackets so I would recommend splurging on a fantastic one, but this moto one under $100 is a steal!
4) Solid Color Dress – Solid color pair well with jewelry and a black blazer or leather jacket. I do tend to overpack so I typically bring one bold color one and a black dress. This bold dress is perfect for travel as it is knit so you can avoid the wrinkles. A black sheath dress like this one (under $30) is perfect for day to night.
5) Statement Necklace – I’m really not saying this because I design jewelry but a statement necklace can really change an outfit. From a simple tank or tee to a peplum top like I’m wearing one necklace can take your look up a notch. My favorite piece that I wore over and over again was the Pearl Cluster Necklace, other staples I would recommend is the Pave Tassel Necklace and the Luxe Deco Crystal Necklace. Stick to clear/neutral stones and I like to go towards gold metal.
And if your adding a 6th item I would add in a comfy pair of PJ’s :). My favorite ones are these from J. Crew (on sale)!
Happy week! I’m off to China to visit our factories, do more designing and see my holiday production set. Catch glimpses of my trip on instagram (@redsolesandredwine).
Thanks for sharing. Comfort is key when travelling/sightseeing :-)www.petitestyleonline.com
Love those heels! You look gorgeous! Definitely need flats in SF. Have fun!
gorgeous top — you look so chic! xohttp://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com
I love your shoes Jen, they are sexy and super chic! They go with pretty much everything! J Crew pj's are my fave too, so soft and they make me want to stay in them all day! Cee. ♥Code Overdressed
you look great! i`m glad you put up this list, i`m traveling soon (for the first time in 8 years) and i have no idea where to start packing!!
Gorgeous Jen…I really love your heels!! Have a great trip to China.Meredithcreatethatoutfit.com
absolutely LOVE that peplum!! have an awesome time in china!
Your sandals are ridiculous – I am in LOVE them!
Love the top and the Bag 🙂 xxwww.skinobsession.blogspot.com
This outfit is so classy and chic! Have a great time in China!Priya xoxowww.kaurofstyle.com
Your outfit is so trendy. I love the Black Pumps, it highlights the look of the outfit..
Absolutely loving your outfit – peplum top and heels to be specific :)I'm also heading over to San Francisco soon so maybe I'll check out the Slanted Door. Anywhere else you'd recommend to try? 🙂 xKaren, sincerelykn.blogspot.ca