I’m a big birthday person. I love a good birthday celebration whether it is for me or family or friend. A good time celebrating this special day, is the perfect remedy for getting another year older :).
This year was not my year. Not to go into too many details, but it was a rough one. I’ve learned a few things this year and thought I would share the 5 things I have learned.
AND I get asked where to dine/go out in Chicago quite a bit, so I am also sharing 5 ways to celebrate your birthday!
Pink Fur (email email@example.com)
for custom ordering
Birthday Girl Tee
Gold Dot Tulle Skirt
Pink Louboutins (similar here and here)
Pink Goddess Sunglasses ($20)
5 Things I Have Learned This Year:
- Take more steps to move forward and stop living in the past. I’m a big believer in making things happen but sometimes I get stuck and I’ve been stuck. This year I took steps to make changes and move forward and stop reliving bad moments.
- Embrace all the things you love. I love to travel, I love sharing, and I love fashion. I travel often, I share everyday, and I live my passion of fashion. Sometimes I worry about sharing too much or what others think, but I’ve made it a priority to listen to myself.
- Real friends are those that stick around when things are at its worst. The biggest skill of a friend, listening . . . I needed this and those that love me for who I am. I have a great circle who has embraced me and been there. It wasn’t about what I have, what #’s my instagram followers are at, or those who love to talk about their lives constantly. Competition or networking with me does not equate a good friend. Through this journey, I’ve also learned to be a better friend. Listening is key and making sure they know you are there for them.
- It’s ok to not do everything at 100%. I try to balance being a mom, entrepreneur, blogger, instagrammer, friend, and daughter. I would tell myself I was failing at one thing when something else was going right. Well, this year I just embraced whatever was in front of me and if something else gave, I would prioritize it next. There’s just no way to get it all right. And it’s OK. I’m OK, my kids are OK, and my friends and family are OK.
- I love experiences more than I love things. Don’t get me wrong; I love a good Chanel bag and Louboutin shoes! But with challenges faced this year, I did not spend it on these things or really any clothes (most of my clothes I source and designs for T&J Designs or I collaborate with brands). I realized I value experiences like trips with my girlfriends and my kids more than these things. I love dining out, a good event, and activities. And these memories and experiences are what made my year great.
I saw this quote recently and loved it.
“The three C’s in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the choice, to take the chance, if you want anything in life to change.”
On to a lighter note! 5 ways to celebrate a big birthday or event in Chicago (one not in Chicago :):
- Slumber party: I’m hosting a slumber party at the W Lakeshore tonight for 12 of my girlfriends! Follow me on instagram for all the fun. It’s a great way to catch up, have fun, and doing a staycation in your own city is the best.
- Dinner of course! My favorites right now are Proxi, RPM Steak, Lena Brava, Le Colonial and Kai Zan. I’ll do a food post soon as I’ve been asked where I like to go.
- Musical play or opera: Take in a great show with Broadway in Chicago or I love going to Opera and getting dressed up.
- Go for the whole thing! Pamper, dine and staycation! Do it all, I love my hair done at Anthony Cristiano (Todd for color, Joseph for cut), The Peninsula Spa, dinner and stay at the W Lakeshore, Langham, or the Peninsula.
- DISNEYLAND: Basically one of my favorites places on earth and they have their holiday decor up during this time and it’s the one place you can’t help but smile. It is a magical place for me!
My official birthday is on the Sunday. I am headed off to celebrate it early but wanted to share this as I head into the weekend. Thank you for your continued support. xoxo
Good article, you sharing is awesome, love it!
PERFECT birthday outfit, you look great! Hoping 2018 is a better year for you. 🙂
Simply want to say your work is outstanding. The clarity in your post is simply excellent and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject.. Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work and Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers.Visit : custom essay writing service