Yes it is almost August, yes, this list was on my to do list FOREVER, and I’m finally publishing! Better late than never right? It has been a rainy July, so let’s hope, once published, it will be sunny days for at least another two months. These are my favorite rooftops in Chicago, with tidbits on each one!
#1 Z bar
– 108 E Superior St: This bar just opened up at the Peninsula and it is stunning! I did a full post of photos here (and 25 things you didn’t know about me)
. The deck is gorgeous and there is an inside bar that is so glam and pretty. I’ll be doing a separate post on the interior.
*photo of rooftops mentioned are below each description
#2 Zed 451
– 739 N Clark St: This was the first rooftop bar in Chicago and a hidden gem. It’s a great space on the top level of the restaurant and did you know that they have a daily happy hour that serves specials for only $4.51! Hello, best price in the city. Wednesdays are my favorite with select wines at $4.51.
– 1112 North State Street 18th Floor: I have frequented this hot spot in the Viceroy Hotel and look out for great scene. It does get quite crowded as the spot is smaller, so go after you dine at Somerset (also in the Viceroy!). Somerset is super yummy and they can help you up the rooftop.
#4 Cindy’s Rooftop
– 12 S Michigan Ave: This spot has the best view of the famous Bean and Millennium Park. A great spot to dine and have drinks, the deck looks at this exact view. I love stopping here during Lollapalooza, it’s nice to take a break in this spot away from the concert crowd. This is a must do for visitors.
Photo via google
– 101 E. Erie Street: The Conrad hotel mixed up the perfect combination. Delicious Japanese cuisine with a fantastic view. I’ve also been here for events as well as a girls dinner and loved it!
#6 London House
– 85 E Upper Wacker Dr: Stunning view of the river, downtown and I love this spot to stay at too! During the winter you can go a floor below and enjoy the view at the bar indoors.
#7 Terrace Sixteen
– 401 N Wabash Ave: This bar/restaurant just reopened and it is STUNNING. The view, the patio, and the inside chandelier and furniture. It is beautiful.
– 201 E Delaware Pl: I was just here last week and it is one of my favorite hidden spots! I mean hidden as if you don’t live here, you may not know about this adorable boutique hotel and it’s delicious drinks at this rooftop bar. They have a great black and white floored hallway that looks great in photos. I recently took a few there and have been there twice for drinks!
#9 The J Parker
-1816 N Clark St: I’ve heard that this rooftop is stunning and it is on my list to check out! This is the only one on this list that I haven’t visited! It sits above Hotel Lincoln and serves bites as well.
#10 Cabana Club
– 2018 W North Ave: I love the Robey Hotel. The hotel has a rooftop bar as well as the Cabana Club, both are smaller but fabulous on drinks and interior design.
#11 Nomi Garden
– 800 N Michigan Ave, Chicago: This was one of the first rooftop bars I went to in Chicago. Such a pretty space and great after work. A super easy location to get to for those of you staying on Michigan Ave!
#12 Honorable mention is Aba
– 302 N Green Street: This newest hotspot is delicious, happening, and has a rooftop patio. Hard to get reservations so plan ahead! So fun and I loved the food.
I wasn’t able to go to each rooftop to do a photo shoot. Each is spectacular and a must do in Chicago. I’ve gone to nine out of the twelve listed this summer, so I’m ready to hit the last three this month. Let me know what you think if you stop by any on the list and feel free to share this post with friends that might want to hit the scene with you!
Subscribe to my blog newsletter here