I love Fall! The changing leaves, Halloween, weather changes, and wardrobe changes. I’ve been behind on blogging and had a bit of writer’s block last week. After taking my kids out this weekend, I thought about the three things I wanted to do this Fall and since you’ve seen my wardrobe transition, I also wanted to share three must-buy items this season.
The Three Must Do’s on my list:
- My favorite activity is going to a pumpkin farm! This past weekend we did our annual visit to Bengtson’s Pumpkin Farm and had a great time. The rides, the food, and the weather was the perfect mix for Fall. Geobbert’s Pumpkin Patch is also a favorite, I haven’t decided if we will double down on the pumpkin patches yet :).
- Fall Fest and Spooky Zoo at Lincoln Park Zoo – tons of fall activities including pumpkins, corn mazes and they have a Ferris wheel. This free park is one of our favorites all year round.
- Wndr Museum – It opened earlier this month and I’ve been dying to go. Featuring a Yayoi Kusama Infinity Mirror Room, I’ve seen some cool pictures of it on Instagram and can’t wait to go!
These three are on my short list as pretty soon it will be Halloween and the museum exhibit is only open until the end of November.
As for shopping MUST BUYS, I’m sure you aren’t surprised by these picks:
- Leopard anything. Pretty much my fall wardrobe consists of this print in a top, jacket, shoes, coats. It has been my favorite print since I was young and I love that it never goes out of style.
2. The perfect everyday bootie. I have a few pairs from last year and wear them into winter. These are all $150
More booties here.
3. A fantastic neutral sweater or cardigan. These are pieces I wear for years and layer with jackets, coats, and I can wear every year over and over again. One gray sweater, one black sweater, and one camel or beige are pretty much all you need! Many of these I own in my closet.
Happy Fall friends! The leaves are changing, my obsession with coffee and soup is an all day thing, and I’m trying to enjoy each day before Halloween hits. I feel like once it hits November, it’s all about the holidays and I don’t feel ready for that!