I am an interior design lover, for years (before Pinterest) I poured over Elle Decor and Architectural Digest hoping that one day I would own my own home and make it look “designer”. When Pinterest came out, me and everyone in the world basically, started pinning like crazy on home, cooking, and fashion inspiration. Instagram and Pinterest changed the world and made things we thought were unachievable attainable.
I’ve known of MacKenzie-Childs for years, the classic check pattern was the first pattern I recognized and when I got married, I saw many of their pieces at my ex-in-laws and other homes. I hoped one day I would have my own MacKenzie-Childs pieces and would never have dreamt that years later, I would get to partner with them on how I use and decorate with their products.
I bought my own home late last year and it’s been a process of decorating and budgeting. I’m thrilled with how it is turning out and still have some items to add, but a turning point happened with my MacKenzie-Childs pieces and the quarantine. It made me love my home, even more. I’m so proud that this space is mine and I actually enjoy cooking and eating even more due to MacKenzie-Childs. I can not recommend their hand-painted/glazed products enough.
As we approach Mother’s Day, we are staying home during this time frame. I thought this post was the perfect time to introduce you to my kitchen, dining room and why I’m loving decorating and nesting these days. Each item would be such a wonderful gift. I love gifts where every time I use them it reminds me of the person or time that I received them. Below are how I’ve been using these gorgeous items and which I recommend.
Here are some styling tips and why I truly recommend buying 1-2 items to start. So easy and will not break the bank:
1. Using beautiful kitchenware has done two things, I love to cook now and I use the pieces as decor. This sounds crazy but the pretty saucepans make me happy when I’m cooking. I’m making meals more than ever, but opening up the lid and seeing myself in my own kitchen makes me happy. After clean up, I leave a few pieces on my stove as decor pieces. My saucepan is the #1 item most utilized MacKenzie-Childs piece so far, so I highly recommend getting one.
The tea kettle is a customer favorite in general and I got one for myself and a friend!
2. Set the table every night! Utilize the dinnerware plates for at-home dinners makes each meal feel fancy. THE PLATES ARE AMAZING; hand-painted and hand-glazed steel, the check pattern is dishwasher safe and can be used outside as well. So far I’ve utilized the plates a ton as I think it just makes my food look prettier and yummier! These beautiful plates can make any dinner feel designer and it’s such an easy formula to set a table. The website gives ideas for place settings and you can mix and match patterns. I went with the check and floral pattern which matches my decor.
3. Utilize the platters/trays for decor and parties. I love the larger tray as a centerpiece to my coffee table. This platter is a perfect starter item (at $68) if you are looking for one item to invest in first. I would use it for a charcuterie spread, drinks, crudites platter, bagel platter, so many food spreads that could go on it, and when not in use it’s the prettiest platter for florals and candles.
4. Elevate your bar cart with a few essential pieces. Bar carts are now accessories themselves in homes and if you have one, adding a few special pieces that are essentials like the ice bucket or shaker or bar tools is a great way to elevate the cart. These items are all under $100!
5. Water containers are more than just functional. I love the courtly check water pitcher and use it as a vase for my centerpiece. It’s a perfect container for hydrangeas but also functional as a water pitcher if you choose to use it for a party! You can also buy faux flowers and use them as a centerpiece on your dining table, coffee table, or kitchen. At $88, it is a perfect gift for Mother’s Day (get some flowers and present it with them in the pitcher)!
Another signature piece of MacKenzie-Childs is their tea kettle! As mentioned above, it was one of the first pieces I chose in the collection and it’s sitting on top of my stove as a decorative piece every day.
Whether it is for Mother’s Day, birthday, Christmas, or just because, these MacKenzie-Childs pieces will be cherished forever. I am planning on gifting a few items to some special people in my life. I honestly love cooking more and being at home as these items have lifted my spirits and made my home feel like me.
I hope you enjoyed the glimpse into my home and I can not wait until I can have people over!
Wishing you much love and the best. Stay healthy, happy, and positive. xoxo
*Thank you for partnering with me MacKenzie-Childs.
All opinions are my own.